LVMAC Tidbit: Chamber stages Employer Seminars to encourage Veteran hiring
The Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with the Workforce Board LV/PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley will be conducting a couple of teleconference seminars using Zoom around the Veterans Day period to both celebrate veterans and to encourage businesses to seek them out for employment:
Part 1: HIRING OUR VETERANS – THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 12th at 10 a.m. In this event the former Sergeant Major of the Army, Dan Dailey, now retired, will conduct a special leadership discussion on the many benefits, skillsets, and experiences in key areas that the veteran workforce brings to any organization.
Get yourself some coffee and log in any time after 9:50 a.m. Zoom program runs from 10:00 a.m. till 11:00 a.m. As needed, each attendee will receive one SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP recertification credit provided by Equinox Benefits Consulting
Part 2: NOW HIRING! A Leadership Conversation on Finding, Hiring, Training, and Retaining a Veteran Workforce – TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17th at 10 a.m. This event will include a panel discussion. Veterans value teamwork, are unbelievably resourceful, have an unparalleled sense of camaraderie, and take tremendous pride in their work. Attendees will learn of hiring practice strategies to intentionally launch, refine and enhance, support and retain veterans in your workforce. It is a must-watch panel discussion event for all HR professionals, business leaders and owners who want to maximize the benefits of a veteran workforce.
Get yourself some coffee and log in any time after 9:50 a.m. Zoom program runs from 10:00 a.m. till 11:30 a.m.
The panelists include:
- Alexander Alex, Lt Col, USAF, MSC, (Ret) – Director, Veteran Health Program – Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Corey Baldwin – Senior Manager, Training & Development – Victaulic
- Mike Dopkin – Administrator, PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley & Workforce Board LV
- Beau Higgins – Senior Manager of the Military Affairs Team – Amazon
- Harris Morris – Senior Director, Veterans Initiatives – ADP
- Megan Morris, MBA – Director, Talent Acquisition, Attraction & Analytics/Human Resources – Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN)
To register for either event, please contact Alison at AlisonP@LehighValleyChamber.org. The same contact can be used for sponsorship.
As of 9 October 2020