We just received word that the period for submitting a grant application to the Veterans’ Trust Fund this from the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. A Governor’s press release is undoubtedly forthcoming, but considering the short deadline, looking at the deadline, we decided not to wait and are spreading the word now. Please help us to through your networks. See below:
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) is pleased to announce the opening of its fiscal year 2019-20 Veterans’ Trust Fund (VTF) grant cycle.
Funding: A combined total of $800,000 in grant funding is available for the 2019-20 grant cycle.
- $650,000 in funding is available for grants of up to $50,000 for the following types of eligible applicants:
- veterans’ service organizations (VSOs) with 501(c)(19) status under the Internal Revenue Code;
- and non-profit organizations with a mission of serving Pennsylvania veterans granted 501(c)(3) status under the Internal Revenue Code.
- $150,000 in funding is available for the following types of eligible applicants:
- individual eligible counties may receive up to the maximum of $20,000 per grant cycle;
- the State Association of County Directors of Veterans Affairs may receive up to the maximum of $150,000 per grant cycle.
Timeline: DMVA anticipates that grant awards will be announced in March 2020. Organizations will be required to sign a grant agreement. Funds will be released to the grantees upon full execution of the grant agreement.
Project Period: Applicants should base proposals on projects beginning on June 1, 2020, or the date that the grant agreement is signed by all parties, whichever date is later. Expenses incurred prior to June 1, 2020, are not payable or reimbursable with funds from this grant.
Deadline: Applications must be received by DMVA, whether submitted by hard copy or electronically, by 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday, December 18, 2019. Please note that late or misdirected submissions not physically or electronically received by this date and time will be administratively rejected without review.
For details: click here (PDF) or here (Word Doc).
As of 12 November 2019